Posted by eileen on September 23, 2011
The Friends of WPL Book Sale is in full swing! Find new and used books, DVDs, video tapes, CDs, cassettes, vinyl, computer games, and more at super cheap prices. On Sunday, every item is 50 cents! Held in the Lower Level of the library.
Friday – 9am-5pm
Saturday – 9am-5pm
Sunday – 1pm-5pm
Check out Book Sale pics on Facebook!
Posted by eileen on October 25, 2010
by Carolyn DeAre
The 2010 Friends Book Sale broke all records! We had more items to sell than ever before: an estimated 33,000! More volunteers worked on the sale than ever before: 64. The number of volunteer hours spent sorting donations was a staggering 439. And how much did the sale take in? Over the days of the sale (Sept. 23-26), we took in $21,783.75! Adding in the leftover books now being sold on the first floor, the Friends have netted over $25,000– an all time record. And the Friends aren’t finished yet. Special books selected from the book sale donations are featured in the upcoming Holiday Book Sale. If you donated books, bought books, posted a sign, told a neighbor about our sale, or worked at the sale, you contributed to our success. Thank you! Some of the funds from prior sales are going this year toward our new eMediaLibrary service which allows patrons to download audiobooks and eBooks (details coming soon).
Don’t miss the Holiday Sale! November 11-14 during library hours. This sale features artwork, collectible items, first editions, autographed copies, and much more.
Posted by eileen on September 22, 2010
by Carolyn DeAre
Members of the Friends of the Wheaton Public Library are busy unpacking and sorting hundreds of donated books and materials for their biggest fundraiser of the year – their annual book sale. This year the sale is scheduled for September 24 through the 26th with a Members Only Preview Sale on Thursday, September 23. The “Book” sale actually includes cds, dvds, lps, audiobooks, computer games, and cassettes as well as like new and used books. An estimated 30,000 items were in the sale last year making this one of the biggest Friends Book Sales in the western suburbs. The sale draws a big crowd every year and brings in almost $20,000 for the organization. The money is then turned over to the library for special projects, programs, or to use as needed. Money raised in previous book sales funded the fireplace in the library’s Quiet Reading Room, the Story House Marsh mural, the popular outdoor concert series, and the Sunday Sampler concert series. More than 95% of the items in the sale are donated. The other 5% are discarded library items. More information about the sale is available on the library’s web site or by calling 630-868-7592. While book dealers are welcome at the sale, no electronic devices of any kind can be used at any time. Hours of the sale are as follows:
Thursday, September 23: Friends Members Preview, 6 – 9 pm
Friday, September 24, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday, September 25, 9:30 am – 5 pm
Sunday, September 26, Bargain Day! 1 – 5 pm
Posted by eileen on May 11, 2009
The Friends Garden Day Sale is scheduled for Saturday, May 30 from 9am to 2pm. The Friends need your donations to make this sale a success. The library is currently accepting donations of any outdoor or gardening items (like flower pots, birdfeeders, etc.). Just drop them off any time during regular library hours.
If you have extra plants you’d like to get rid of, dig ‘em up, and bring ‘em! Please let us know what type of plant it is and if there are any special care instructions. Plant donations should be dropped off on May 29 (the day before the sale) or on May 30 between 8 and 9am. Thank you for your help! All proceeds from this sale benefit Wheaton Public Library.