Have you heard about NPR’s Backseat Book Club? They’ve talked about some great books so far. Click here for the website.
Have you had the chance to flip through the Wheaton Public Library’s Fall newsletter? It’s available online here.
Check out some of the programs going on for kids of all ages in September, October, and November. The newsletter will let you know which programs require free registration or free tickets.
Children from birth to entering kindergarten are invited to participate in our year-round reading program with the goal of exposing children to as much reading as possible before they start elementary school. To get started, stop by the Children’s Desk to pick up a packet.
Sing, Sing a Song!
Friday, September 13th
Laura acoustically rocks your kid’s world with her breezy folk-pop tunes for the whole family!
Free ticket are available at the Children’s Department desk.
Have Book-Will Travel, our summer reading program, comes to an end this Saturday, August 10th. There is still time to turn in your reading logs and collect your prizes. Remember if you finish 9 hours of reading for children birth-age 4 or 15 hours for children age 5-11, you receive a golden ticket to our Scholastic Book Fair sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Here are the dates and hours for the book fair:
Thursday, August 8th
Friday, August 9th
Saturday, August 10th
State Representative Jeanne Ives Presents
Military Customs and History
Wednesday, July 24th
Large Meeting Room, Lower Level
Pick up free tickets at the Children’s Desk
Can you believe it’s already the 2nd week in July? Summer is flying by!
We hope you have been using the Wheaton Public Library this season. Here are some events you can look forward to as the summer moves along:
* We still have 5 weeks left in our Summer Reading Program, Have Book-Will Travel. Pick up your log and earn prizes by reading now through August 10th.
* Tickets are available, and will become available, at the Children’s Desk for a number of free programs including…
Friday afternoon movies
JG’s Reptile Road Show
* Our next Family Storytime will be Monday, August 5th @ 7pm for the entire family
* Join us for Drop-in crafts on Friday, July 12th and August 16th from 10:30am-12:30pm
* There’s still space available in our Draw Your Own Fantasy Ride program. Register online or through the library.
* Sign-up for a LEGO Race Car Workshop on July 22nd or July 31st
* Sign-up for Duplo Club where young children can develop early literacy skills
* Children, ages 2-5, can register for Nature Telling on August 13th.
Find additional details on our website, www.wheatonlibrary.org/kids, or give us a call at 630.868.7540
Have you been to the library this summer? Come check out all of the programs going on all summer long. And be sure to join our Summer Reading Program, Have Book-Will Travel, which goes through August 10th.
Macaroni Soup! Active Music for Kids
Monday, June 3rd
10:00-10:45am and 11:00-11:45am
Preschool children with adult
Large Meeting Room, Lower Level
Pick up free tickets at the Children’s Desk!
Nationally renowned music specialist Carole Stephens performs music and movement activities for children to sing, dance, and do!